Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Welcome!

So this is my very first post! I'm so excited and I'm asking for your patience as I learn how to convey my thoughts and ideas in a way that sparks your thoughts and emotions. This morning, I had the pleasure of listening to my favorite morning crew as they interviewed Tyrese. He said something that made sense. Loosely quoted, Tyrese stated that, we have these lil boys singing about good sex, how can  you sing about good sex when you've never had it?  As a self proclaimed "Hopeful Romantic", that was a mouthful! How can you expect to touch the hearts and souls of many women and men, when you are oblivious to what making love is and how to do it? When done properly, making love can change settings. Couples can go from heated arguments to heated expressions of love. Life can be created, egos can be mended or affirmed, apologies can be given and received and broken marriages can be saved. While I don't believe that I'm old; I realize that I am grown. I wish that these young artists and listeners knew what it was to inspire romance. If only they would take the time to hold hands, slowly lead into kisses and exchange glances.  How about not rushing to get momentary grattification, foolishly thinking love was just made? They might find that they are inspired to write songs that equal poetry and speak to the souls of many. These teens and young adults might find that making love does not begin and end in the bedroom. It begins in the first glance and the anticipation. 




Azure Skies

2 comments:

  1. Well put! I will be the first to say sex is done by most mammals, but making love can only be done by the mature, sensitive, caring human!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand your position. I think we, as parents, need to speak to our children about the what love really means. I also believe that just saying "No sex until marriage" is not an effective message for our children. Religous are not, we owe this to our children. I have had "real" conversations with my children. My son who is a freshman college, came to me out of the blue told me that he had decided that he was not ready to have sex until he knew he was prepared to be a father as he knows what the responsibilites that he would have.

    ReplyDelete